Join us October 14-16 for Family/Homecoming Weekend 2022!
Note: to protect the health of our students and faculty, we plan to host the majority of our festivities virtually this year, with two exceptions:
- We will host a Friday evening in-person gathering for those already in the DC area. (Special note to Fall 21/Spring 22 graduates: please do not plan on traveling to DC for this gathering. We will see you next year!)
- Family members of current DC students are invited to join us in person for all events.
If you are not able to attend but would like to make a gift to support SEGL, you can do that here (select “Homecoming 2022” or the area of your choice!). All gifts of $50 or above will receive a copy of keynote speaker Maggie Haberman’s upcoming book, Confidence Man.
Schedule of Events
Subject to change pending speaker schedules. All Saturday/Sunday will be available via SEGL TV.
Friday, October 14
- 7:00pm EST: Kick-off welcome event. (n.b. This in-person event is for friends of SEGL who are already in the DC area) Location: SEGL Academic Building: 1528 18th Street NW
Saturday, October 15
Daytime events location (when not virtual):
SEGL Academic Building: 1528 18th Street NW
- 10:30am EST: Model English Class with Christian Starling, Academic Dean and SEGL in DC English Teacher (n.b. This in-person event is for family members of current DC students only)
- 10:30am EST: Model English Class with Keith Mundangepfupfu, SEGL in Johannesburg English Teacher (n.b. This virtual event is for family members of current Johannesburg students only)
- 12:00pm EST: Community Fishbowl conversation featuring Hatim Eltayeb, African Leadership Academy CEO (virtual)
- 1:30pm EST: Golden Mug award ceremony (virtual) featuring Igor Novikov, former top advisor to Volodymyr Zelenskyy
- 2:00pm EST: Keynote conversation (virtual) with Maggie Haberman, New York Times journalist and author of the forthcoming Confidence Man (register to order a copy!)
Evening event location:
See separate email; open to current DC students and their families only
- 7:00-9:00pm EST: Evening in-person reception (n.b. This in-person event is for current DC students and their families only)
Sunday, October 16
- 11:00am EST: State of the School conversation (virtual) with Noah Bopp, Founder and Head of School, Sirianna Santacrose, Director of SEGL in Johannesburg, and the SEGL in London expansion team!