About our Founder and Head of School
Noah Bopp is a graduate of Oberlin College, Duke University, and the Klingenstein Private School Leadership program at Teachers College, Columbia University. The Lakeside School in Seattle, Washington awarded him its 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award.
He is also a trustee of the Mithil Prasad Foundation, which was co-founded by SEGL graduate Rachna Prasad, and on the Advisory Council at the Andi Leadership Institute.
Noah has over 25 years of school leadership and teaching experience. Prior to SEGL, he worked at the Mountain School of Milton Academy, where he directed the History program and served as a dorm parent. From 2002-2007 he led the Duke University TIP Global Dialogues Institute, which he created as a “pilot” for SEGL; he also co-led the Duke TIP in Paris program, which he co-created in 2001. He began his teaching career at St. George’s School in Newport, Rhode Island, where he taught history and philosophy, and chaired the school’s Community Service counsel.
Noah and his wife Sydney live several blocks from the SEGL Residence. They have a four year-old daughter, Daisy, and a Havanese puppy, Pericles.
Noah posts on Twitter @NoahBopp.
Board of Trustees
Noah Bopp (ex officio)
- Head of School, The School for Ethics and Global Leadership
- Former Head of School, Woodberry Forrest School
- Former Dean, Duke University Divinity School
- Vice President, Cheniere Energy
- Parent, Fall 2009
- Journalist, formerly with "The New York Times"
Chair Emeritus; Co-Founder
- Founder, Matteson Ellis Law PLLC
- Member, Miller & Chevalier
- Upper School Principal, Sidwell Friends School
Sam Herschkowitz, M.D.
- Parent, Fall 2014
- CEO, Serenity Pharmaceuticals
- Chairman and CEO, Delcath Systems
Immediate Past Chair
- Former President and COO, O’Brien Atkins
- Student, Spring 2012
- Co-Chair, We Day Minnesota
- Parent, Spring 2020
- Chairman and CEO, CLEAR
- President, Wainger Group
- Student, Spring 2015
- Co-Founder, No Label
Honorary Leadership Council
- Former U.S. Ambassador to NATO
- Former Special Counselor to President Ronald Reagan
- President and CEO, Center for the Study of the Presidency
Ambassador Mark Dybul
- Executive Director, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria
- Co-Director, Georgetown University O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
- Former United States Global AIDS Coordinator
Egil “Bud” Krogh
- Senior Fellow and Chair, Leadership and Ethics, Center for the Study of the Presidency
- Fmr. Director, Special Investigations Unit, Nixon Administration
Ambassador Donald Mahley
- Fmr. Special Negotiator for Chemical and Biological Arms Control Issues
- Director, Center for Teaching Peace
- Former Columnist, "The Washington Post"
- Vice President for Education, Institute for Global Ethics
- Former Senior Adviser and Chief of Speechwriting, US State Department
- President, Carnegie Counsel for Ethics in International Affairs
Abdul Aziz Said
- Mohammed Said Farsi Chair in Islamic Peace
- Director, Center for Global Peace, American University
- Distinguished Professor of Government
- Director, Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies, American University
- Former Director, ADRA in Rwanda (1993-4)
- Medal of Valor, Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Attorney at Law